Monday, January 20, 2014

Tasting Italy with Roma Regular Pizza by Calda Pizza

Working in Makati for a couple of years led me to discover a lot of hidden places that offers good food. One of my favorite discoveries is Calda Pizza at The Collective. It was actually a friend of mine who brought me to this place one Friday night, and then we fell in love with their pizza since then.

In fact, this place is one of the many reasons why I keep coming back to Makati since I started working from home. That’s because they offer the thinnest and largest pizza I’ve ever seen!


Calda Pizza | The Collective, Makati
Photo by Aki Libo-on
A Look at the Menu

Calda Pizza started as a regular pizza place, which comes in over 20 flavors. But what made them famous, I guess, are the sizes of their crusts. The smallest measures 11 inches, while the largest is the 36-inch Extra Super. Too bad I don’t have a picture of their XS, but I swear you'll go "Oooh!" once you see it in person.



Calda Pizza | The Collective, Makati
Photo by Aki Libo-on
Meanwhile, don’t be fooled with their regular sized pizzas if you’re thinking of eating alone and trying one of their best sellers. Although Calda's signature dishes are made with thin crusts, a few slices is enough to make you full. Better eat with a friend or two, especially when you opt for extra toppings.

Other than pizza, they also offer pasta dishes and chicken meals.

It’s “Roma”, Amore!

One of Calda Pizza’s best sellers is the Roma (the other one is Quattro Stagione). It is a thin crust pizza with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, ground beef, Italian sausage, salami, mushrooms, and green bell pepper.

At first look, the pizza is like a burst of colors that was spread over a very thin crust. Then you’ll see the mozzarella cheese being stretched to thin threads when you pull one slice from the plate. I actually like the crust because it’s thinner than Greenwich’s, making it light and easy to consume. Perhaps if you take all the ingredients away, you’ll still enjoy eating the crust because it’s like munching on Skyflakes.



Roma Regular Pizza - PHP 270.00 | Royal (in can) - PHP 35.00
Photo by Aki Libo-on
What I love the most about Roma pizza is that the ingredients compliment well with each other. The tomato sauce’s metallic taste is not overpowering as it was neutralized by the cheese. And then you get to taste the ground beef and mushrooms once the pizza is in your mouth. Moreover, the salami and Italian sausage was able to cover the taste of the green bell pepper, which I usually put away whenever I eat pizza. Perhaps by now you’d realize that I don’t really enjoy eating vegetables. But I was able to ignore the bell pepper this time and just eat it. Hooray for me!

If you’re thinking of trying something Italian, I’d say go for Calda Pizza. For as low as PHP 270.00, you can enjoy good food and share happy memories with your friends.




Calda Pizza
(02) 478 5127
The Collective
7274 Malugay Street, Makati City

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment